Thomas Ford Gibson
Gibson Consulting, LLC
Gibco Environmental, LLC
MAJOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- President, Gibson Consulting L.L.C., 1999 to present
- Regional Environmental Consultant Co. 6 Years
- Marketing Director & Office Administrator 4 Years
- Nationwide Property Management Co.-Vice President 4 Years
- Construction Company President 27 Years
- Louisiana Real Estate Broker 30 Years
- Subdivision Developer 19 Years
Education, Work Experience by Year, Other Education, Publication,
Louisiana Housing Finance Agency, Home Builders, Community Activities
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nuclear Physics and Mathematics-University of Arkansas, 1961
- Master of Business Administration-Centenary College, 1990
- Graduate Real Estate Institute- Graduate Real Estate Degree, 1997
- Environmental Assessment Association-Certified Environmental Inspector Designation (CEI), 1995
- Environmental Assessment Association-Certified Environmental Risk Manager (CRM), 2000
- In-depth study of Human Resource Management, Accounting, Marketing, Financial Management, Production Procedures (JIT), Construction Management and Corporate Policy and Strategy.
- Graduate, Total Quality Management, Louisiana State University-Shreveport.
MAJOR WORK EXPERIENCE BY YEAR
- Founded GIBCO ENVIRONMENTAL LLC in 2011
- Founded GIBSON CONSULTING, LLC in 1999
- ALTEC Environmental Consultants, Inc., Marketing Director, Office Administrator, 1995 - 1999
- Manhattan Construction Co. USA, Inc. 1994-1995
- Intown Properties, Inc., Vice President 1992- 1995
- Gibson Construction Co., Inc., Gibson Remodeling Co., Inc., Gibson Real Estate, Inc., 1967-1991
- C.G. Gibson Builders 1965-1967
- Military Service 1961-1965
OTHER EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Dale Carnegie Courses 1965-1967, Sales and Speaking Courses
- State of Louisiana Board of Realtors, Graduate Real Estate Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- National Home Builders Institute, Washington, D.C. - Construction Management, Sales and Marketing, Advanced Speaker Course, Critical Path Methods for Track Building.
- E.F. Hutton Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette New York, N.Y. - Special Course in New York from four Brokerage Firms on Tax Exempt Bond Packages for the State of Louisiana on Multi and Single Family Shelters.
- Co-Author of Management Manual for the Small Volume Home Builder, Published by the National Association of Home Builders of the United States-1979.
LOUISIANA HOUSING FINANCE AGENCY
HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION
- President of Shreveport-Bossier Home Builders Association 1980. Vice President in 1979, Treasurer in 1978.
- President of State of Louisiana Home Builders in 1985.
- Appointed by National Home Builders to form a National Remodelers Council for the United States.
- Served as one of eleven member trustees of all the Remodelers in the United States.
- Appointed as the Congressional Contact for Senators and Congressmen for the National Home Builders Association.
- Selected as one of the Top Twelve Remodelers in the United States in 1989.
- Selected by the National Home Builders Association to conduct seminars on remodeling subjects.
- Member of Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church, Douglasville, GA
- Board Chairman for Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission, year 2002
- Deacon in Broadmoor Baptist Church and First Baptist Church, Shreveport, LA.
- Served as Commissioner on the Shreveport Metropolitan Planning and Zoning Board of Appeals for 5 years.
- Appointed by two Mayors of Shreveport to special blue- ribbon study committees for lowering housing cost.
- 1983 recipient of the G. Peyton Kelley Award as March of Dimes Outstanding Civic Leader of the Shreveport/Bossier.
- Chairman of the North Louisiana March of Dimes- two terms.
- Speaker for Shreveport Chamber of Commerce on " Small Business Development Through Strategic Planning."
- President and founder of the Arkansas Alumni Club.
- Past President of the Shreveport Road-runners Club.